The North Sea Wildlife Trusts are working together to secure the future of our native marine wildlife and habitats.
To date, we have:
- Influenced Government to secure protection for the marine environment
- Gathered supporting evidence and public support for the designation of Marine Conservation Zones (MCZs)
- Helped raise the need for a review of fisheries management in European Marine Sites (EMS)
- Positively influenced the development of coastal and offshore wind farms, and gas and oil rigs in order to minimise their impact on vulnerable wildlife
- Worked closely with Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities (IFCAs) and local fishermen to promote a healthier marine environment in order to support healthy fisheries
Supported local Wildlife Trusts to act as Living Seas Champions, strengthening our wider work and building additional capacity at a local scale